Little Charlie

Keeping the virtual world up to date on Charlie and his adventures.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Rawhide in Phoenix

On our last day in Phoenix we let Pete and Vanessa choose our activity...next time we may rethink this. We ended up at a fake old west town called Rawhide complete with a shoot out in the street, camel rides, a mechanical bull (they had these in the old west?) and a rock wall (again, did they have these in the old west?). The town was obviously geared towards kids because every activity had a weight limit that most of us far exceeded.
My dad offered to buy me a Corona if I could climb the rock wall and ring the bell at the top. Since I was one of two people in the group that was under the weight limit I didn't feel like the family was going to take no for an answer. I didn't make it to the top, however I made it over half way so I still insisted that he still buy me by beer. The last time I climbed a rock wall I was about 14 and did it for 2 Snickers bars at Tall Timber. See a pattern?
We wanted to go for a family camel ride, just like they did in the olden days, however we were too heavy for Joe the Camel so just Charlie and Matt went.
Charlie's first staged gun fight.
They used real guns that shot blanks but for whatever reason the noise didn't bother Charlie. Other babies were screaming and had to leave the bleachers, Charlie slept through the whole thing.
The guys playing carnival games, another favorite activity of cowboys in the old west.
Pete on the mechanical bull.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This is great on so many levels...it looks like you guys had a great time and I'm glad Baby C. enjoyed Phoenix! I think his patience and calm demeanor can teach all of us a thing or too...

November 16, 2006 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home