Little Charlie

Keeping the virtual world up to date on Charlie and his adventures.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Over Anxious Mother

Charlie, Grandma, and I just got back from the Urgent Care. My mom had been watching Charlie all morning while I worked from home in the basement. She came down and said there's no way this is just a cold. He won't play, he's breathing like a raspy old man, he's got a smoker's cough, and he's not interested in his bottle.

He's been this way since Sunday and I'd already called his doctor once and they said don't bring him in until he's had a fever for 3 days. So I called again today and went over his symptoms again. This time the nurse said bring him down to Urgent Care right away. Not sure if the first nurse wasn't listening when I called on Monday or if I sounded like an over-anxious mom and she thought I was over-reacting or what.

So anyways, the diagnosis is that there's nothing really wrong. The doctor said his temperature was normal and his breathing sounded normal. They did a swab for RSV and influenza and gave us the results which came back normal. The doctor said he likely has some kind of viral infection which just needs to run it's course.

The doctor said just keep him hydrated and hopefully this will pass in a few more days. That's the update. He's upstairs cuddling with Grandma while I continue to work from home (by work I mean update his blog...hopefully my boss doesn't find this website).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home