Little Charlie

Keeping the virtual world up to date on Charlie and his adventures.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Limbo Dance Elmo

So Charlie's Great-Grandma Nancy told me today that Charlie is afraid of his Limbo Dance Elmo. I didn't believe it (not that I would think she would lie to me, I just couldn't picture it). Charlie's had this doll since Christmas (thanks VanSlykes!) and I've never seen him act afraid of it. In fact, I've never really seen him act afraid of anything.

Turns out she was absolutely right. As soon as Elmo powered up and started his limbo song Charlie's eyes got really big and he slowly started to back away from it.
He crawled up onto my lap and started whimpering. Matt and I got the giggles (that's right, I said giggles), which didn't really help calm him down. We had to shut Elmo off to get Charlie to cheer up.

Hopefully this will blow over soon because I kind of like the way Elmo sings and dances when he's limboing.
Update: I forgot that Charlie's afraid of my mom's dog Quincy and our vacuum. Guess he's not as fearless as I was thinking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He's afraid of Earl the cat too. :)

April 27, 2007 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate! Cooper is scared to death of Tickle Me Elmo - he loves it until it starts moving...I swear, he thinks the thing is possessed!

April 27, 2007 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home