Little Charlie

Keeping the virtual world up to date on Charlie and his adventures.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ghost in the Garage

Today Charlie and I are home alone. Nothing unusual about this really, we're home alone all the time. We went out to get the mail through the garage, like we do all the time. I left the door up just in case we decided to go somewhere later this afternoon. So we're inside for a few minutes and I'm paging through the Land's End catalog when I hear the other garage door go up. I go out to the garage expecting to see Matt's truck pulling in when instead I see nothing.

So I'm a little freaked out. I shut both doors and then lock the door leading into the house, hoping this will keep out whatever ghost or pervert is sneaking into our garage.

A few minutes go by and I hear the garage door again. So now I'm really freaked out. I head to the phone to call Matt to tell him to come home right away because Charlie and I are probably about to get murdered. On my way to the phone I look down at Charlie and see him playing on the floor with my mail key, which happens to have my garage door opener on the same key chain.

Whew. No ghost or pervert. Just a clever kid (who cried a lot when I took his makeshift toy away from him!) and a dumb mom.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have all done something similar - you are not a dumb mom! :) Cooper likes to hide things and then he won't tell you wear they are until you have looked for them sufficiently...then you have to ask for them!

June 07, 2007 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... I can only imagine how terrified you were! That would be super scary and then it's almost a wanna laugh, cry situation when you saw him with the key!

At least you guys are ok! and SAFE!

June 08, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

There's one lesson I won't have to learn on my own - thank goodness! :) Good stuff.

June 08, 2007 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home