Little Charlie

Keeping the virtual world up to date on Charlie and his adventures.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Truth About the Rings

We're huge dorks. This was confirmed at the Halloween party on Saturday. The truth is finally coming out and it feels good. We dressed up for a Halloween party and there were probably only 5 other adults dressed up out of about 30. Not only did we dress up but we had good costumes. Costumes that took effort.

Matt went as Obi Wan, as I mentioned in a previous post. However his original idea was to go as Luke and wear Charlie on his back so they could re-enact a famous training scene from The Empire Strikes Back. The only difference between the Luke costume and the Obi Wan costume is the rat tail. And at the end of the day Matt really just wanted to wear the rat tail (you can see the rat tail in all its glory hanging down the right side of Matt's head in the pic below).

I went as Darth Vader but the second I walked into the party I realized my mask was not only scaring my own child, but most of the other children in the room. So for the rest of the night I was just a girl, dressed in black, wearing a cape.

It feels good to get all of this off my chest. I'm finding peace in my dorkiness. These are our friends the Patches. They stopped by on Sunday so little Samee could show off her bee costume. Charlie welcomed her in his Batman pajamas and was actually nice to her for a change (he managed to let her read his books and held back his tears!).





Charlie on actual Halloween.
On Halloween we took Charlie around to some friends and family's houses. Below is Charlie as Yoda, Caden as Pooh Bear/Bee, and Aunt Char as a Chef/Uncle Justin.

Thank goodness this holiday is over!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I embrace dorkiness as well and am glad you are accepting your own. But I don't understand why you couldn't be a girl character and had to be a part of the darkside...was someone forcing your choice? i look forward to seeing princess leia next year, maybe on the new baby?

November 02, 2007 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home