Little Charlie

Keeping the virtual world up to date on Charlie and his adventures.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Reconcilers (said in a monster truck like voice)

Today was Bloomsday over here in Spokane. The firm I work for sponsored our team, The Reconcilers (if you speak accounting you'll agree our name is pretty clever). After today we might have to rename ourselves to the Wreckoncilers though. Rikki and I rammed our strollers into each other about 900 times. I included this picture because I thought it looked kind of cool. Hard core people, not us, discard their sweatshirts right before they start. Apparently the Goodwill comes along and collects them after the race. We were equipped with strollers and backpacks though so there was no need for us to help decorate the Spokane streets with our clothes.

This is me at mile 4. Even though there's no photographic proof, Charlie and I made it the entire 7.46 miles. We have shirts to prove it.

Charlie did really well and didn't fuss or cry until about mile 7. I just handed him his apple juice though and he was good for the last .46.
Where was Matt during all this you ask? He was at home with Rikki's husband playing the new Wii. They actually tried to convince us they got just as much exercise with all the virtual boxing, golf and tennis they were doing. Though I agree you do work up a sweat boxing I still find it hard to believe.
Update: Our times are in. I finished in 2 hours and 21 minutes. That's 30,745th place out of a possible 39,382. Not too impressive if you look at it that way but how about this way: I placed 6th out of people with the same last name. Now that's impressive. I mean Charlie only placed 7th (somehow he registered 1 second after me).
Stats aren't available for kids under 13 but I do know that Charlie and I averaged 19 minutes a mile and the average for 1 year olds was 20 minutes 6 seconds. I guess I have a pretty fast 1 year old! Oh wait, I think what it really means is the mommy behind the stroller is slightly faster than other mommies of 1 year olds...
Oh and for the record, you're not allowed to run with a stroller. If you're caught you get banned from Bloomsday for 5 years. So I think we did OK for just being a couple of walkers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! I also like that you & Ricki have matching strollers! Way to go sis! 7.46 miles, that is awesome!

May 06, 2007 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! And congrats to charlie too for making it through the race!! He's such a good kiddo! :)

May 07, 2007 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This message is for Matt and Jeannette and Little Charlie too.....this message is from Baby Pheobe Raftery's Grammy in Ellensburg. Amber, Pat and Phoebe will be in Ellensburg for a visit REAL soon (we can hardly wait)! We will be having a "halfy" Birthday Party and a "meet Phoebe" day on Saturday June 9th at our house (4290 Kittitas Hwy) around nooish and go until Peebs "drops". Amber asked that I ivite Charlie and his Mom & Dad to attend. They would really like to see you all. Our email address is crawfords@kvalley.com......If you could let me know that would be great. Thanks and I visit Charile's site often he is a real cutie.
Hope to see you in June

Roylene Crawford Amber's Mom

May 22, 2007 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home