Little Charlie

Keeping the virtual world up to date on Charlie and his adventures.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Apple Festival

We finally made it up to Greenbluff yesterday to the Apple Festival. Greenbluff is a community of local farmers who open up their farms and let you pick their fruit as well as all sorts of other farm related activities (i.e. pet and feed their goats).

This is the Rings picking 27 pounds of apples. What was I thinking? I've spent all day making 1 pie, 2 apple pie fillings (which I froze for later), and a batch of applesauce. The box is only about 1/2 gone. I'm seriously going to be baking all night.
So after we picked our apples instead of waiting for the little tractor to come pick us up I suggested we put the apples and the Charlie in a little cart and walk back to the store area. Charlie hated the cart so I ended up carrying him through the orchard. So Matt gets to pull the cart with the apples and I get to carry the 25 pound kid. Looking back I think I got the short end of the stick considering my fetus makes me winded just carrying my own body weight let alone carrying another person.

We got back and Charlie quickly got over his fear of the cart once he figured out how fun it was to push around.

My pie. Might not look all that impressive but hopefully it will taste impressive.

Well. Gotta get back to the kitchen. I've got more apple products to create.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home